A guide to stockings and suspenders
Want to look hot from head to toe in lingerie? If so, then complete your look instantly with a pair of stockings or suspenders and find a broad range to choose from. Sheer, fishnets, back-seams, it’s totally your call, depending on the look you’re going for. Still, we understand that it can be a bit confusing; stockings or suspenders? What's the difference? Don’t worry if you’ve ever brought the wrong thing - you're not alone. So, relax and take a deep breath. We’ve got you covered.
Hold-ups are the most common type of stockings out there. An elasticated strip on the inside of the lacy top band keeps them in place. Sometimes they just have a thicker, tighter fabric band to hold them up more in place. You’ll also find a range of styles, too. Black, white and red, fishnets, patterns, back seams, opaque, glossy, sheer…you're almost spoiled for choice. There are also shorter lengths that stop just over the knee.View Our Hold Ups
Slightly shorter in length, suspender stockings do not stay up on their own. So, they’ll need the support of suspenders to hold them in place. Suspender belt or clip-inset corset? That’s totally optional. Perfect if you want to add some pin-up glamour appeal to your lingerie collection.View Our Suspenders
Add extra style points to your lingerie collection with suspender belts. Some sit on the hips while others rest on your waist. Most have four straps and clips that are attached to stockings, and some retro styles have more. Here’s a top tip for your: for an ultra-eye dropping look make sure to match your suspender belt to everything else.
The belt is a classic, but it's not your only option. Mix things up a little with suspender briefs and skirts. Want a vintage-inspired look? Basques, corsets, waspies and suspender-clip inset camis also tick the box. Trust us, you'll be irresistible to all. Ladies use your new power wisely.
Finding your style
Trying to find the right style for you?
Sheer stockings are made from a super-fine fabric. A little shine and a hint of colour creates stunning legs.
Kink or glamour? These work for both. Fishnet stockings is a diamond-shaped open knit perfect for making a subtle fashion statement. Take your pick from a range of different shades.
All stockings used to have back-seams, because of the way they were made. But now it's less about the necessity, and more about making a vintage fashion statement.
Another vintage style, no one can deny that Cuban heel stockings look seductive. Reinforced heels, soles and toes add definition and look stunning with back seams.
Patent, wet look
Exactly what it sounds like. Sleek, shiny and seductive. Very fashion forward.
How to wear stockings and suspenders
It's a true skill. So, don’t worry if you’ve never done it before. Just follow our steps below, and you’ll get the hang of it:
- Put your suspender belt on after your briefs, so the straps come down over your briefs. Or before, if you'd rather keep them on when the briefs come off.
- Sitting down, roll up the top of the stockings and carefully slide them past your toes. Unroll them over your legs gently, rather than pulling them on.
- It’s important to stay seated whilst trying to attach the stocking to the suspender clip, so when you stand up, the stocking will be attached at a natural and comfortable height.
- Open each clip on the end of each suspender strap.
- Start with the front two first and then the back ones. Place the fabric of the opening on top of the rubbery part of the clip which has the protruding circle.
- Next, take the loop part of the clip and place the larger end of its opening over the protruding circle, catching the stocking fabric in between.
- Pull the loop upwards, so the circle and the caught-up stocking band is pushed down to the narrower end of the loop, where it'll stay in place.
So, there you have it: there’s everything you need to know about stockings and suspenders. Whether you opt for keep it low-key with hold-ups, or add some pin-up girl appeal with suspenders, you’re all set to instantly re-vamp your hosiery collection.Show me Stockings